arlier this year we had started planning our very own #Raceforlife Schools event (plus other exciting events) to celebrate National Sports Week 2020. As we can no longer do these, we have decided instead to invite our children to take part in an exciting ‘Virtual Race for Life and Sports Day’! The events are easy to take part in at home and will provide some exciting ways to complete some family fitness and fun activities.
This is how it will work:
- Read through the Race for Life Activity Pack below. The pack contains information about events you can do at home and details about activities and resources you can use.
- Complete at least TWO events from the pack in the week of 20th – 26th June
- Run a Race for Life distance and supply evidence to Mrs Jensen (Under 6 year olds – 1km, Over 6 year olds 2km or 1.5 miles).
- Submit your evidence of participation in the above events to Mrs Jensen. Photos or emails from parents will be great. These can be from the pack or you can submit similar, creative alternatives of your own. Evidence should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3pm Monday 29th June.
- Each child that participates will be emailed a certificate of recognition.
- Additionally you have the option to purchase a Race for Life medal for £2.50 for your effort with all money going to Cancer Research.
- A ParentPay item has been added to your account for £2.50 and will be available until Friday 3rd July. We will arrange for you to collect these safely from the school.
- Children in school will get the opportunity to participate in their own bubble events and can also purchase medals on completion of events.
So get in training now by:
- Reading through the information pack and planning at least 2 activities you would like to do between 20th and 26th June.
- Planning and finding a safe route to complete your Race for Life run (such as around a park area, public field or quiet streets). Please supervise your child so that they can run safely and maintain social distancing, or adapt their route if they encounter other people.
- Photographing or writing up your evidence for your virtual sports coach, Mrs Jensen and emailing it to her by 29th June.
Logging into ParentPay and purchasing your optional medal and wearing it with pride.